PESONet MC 21-056
May 19, 2021
T O : All PESONet Participating Banks/Institutions
R E : WEB SERVICE API VIS-À-VIS EIF READINESS TO HANDLE PESONET TRANSACTION DATA
1. On behalf of the PESONet ACH Steering Committee, PCHC wishes to express its sincere gratitude to all PESONet
participants who suppported the migration to the Enhanced Interface File (EIF) format. Implementation last
February 1, 2021 was generally successful.
2. As expressed earlier, migration to to EIF format allows PESONet participants to provide precise transaction
information as the fields were expanded for this purpose. Along with this development, PCHC has also expanded
the PESONet Web Service API formats to include features that were made in available through the EIF, viz:
a. UETR/UUID – a PESONet transaction is now uniquely identified via the UETR/UUID instead of the OFI Reference
b. Expansion of Fields – the lengths of certain PESONet fields have been expanded.
3. In accordance with the PESONet Web Service API specifications, no schema validation is currently being performed
in view of the nature on the use of JSON instead of XML as message syntax. However, it has come to PCHC’s
attention that certain banks are performing XSD validation against the JSON formats in the PESONet Web Service
API, contrary to the PESONet Web Service API specifications and JSON conventions.
4. To minimize the impact of performing XSD validation and to allow banks to reconsider their validation processes,
PCHC is requesting banks to opt-in to the expanded PESONet Web Service API format that complies with the EIF
5. Participants that are ready to accept the EIF’s expanded fields through the PESONet Web Service API are therefore
requested to please accomplish and submit the attached survey/sign-off form via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 28, 2021.
6. Moreover, we likewise wish to remind participants who may not want to opt-in to the expanded EIF fields in the
PESONet Web Service API that they shall be responsible for any missing or lacking information. Banks not wanting
to opting may still obtain these missing information directly from the PESONet Enhanced Interface File as these
information are available through the PESONet Front-End Application.
7. We count on the full cooperation and support of all participants.