PESONet MC 21-050
March 30, 2021
TO : ALL PESONet PARTICIPANT BANKS/INSTITUTIONS
RE : PESONet ENABLED PAYMENTS TO VARIOUS GOVERNMENT AGENCIES VIA THE PCHC PAYMENT GATEWAY
1. We are pleased to announce that Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) is now on-board the PCHC Payment Gateway
(PayGate) as an Issuing Bank.
2. This means that BPI customers can now pay participating merchants and government agencies such as those that
are included/enrolled in LinkBiz Portal of Land Bank of the Philippines (an Acquiring Bank) which is one of
government's depository banks.
3. BPI is now the fourth bank that heeded the call of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas' (BSP) Governor to promote eGov by
joining the Payment Gateway (PayGate) of PCHC. The three other banks that earlier joined/successfully onboarded
as issuing Banks are RCBC, Union Bank and Robinsons Bank.
4. To date, there are already 249 government agencies and about 71 merchants enrolled in Land Bank's LinkBiz
Portal. Customers of PCHC PayGate Issuing Banks can make payments to any merchant acquired by a PCHC
PayGate participant using their bank's electronic banking facilities. Payments via PCHC PayGate are debited from
customer accounts upon their authorization, and are settled via PESONet directly to the account of the respective
merchants/government agencies which also receive associated transaction information form their PCHC PayGate
5. For information and guidance.