CICS OM 20-035
Updated: Dec 11, 2020
October 9, 2020
T O : All Member/Participant Banks
R E : IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MORNING ADJUSTMENT WINDOW
1. We are pleased to inform that the final UAT exercise for the implementation of Morning Adjustment Window (MAW) system conducted from September 16 to September 23, 2020 was successfully completed.
2. In this connection, we will start to make the MAW system available for LIVE’ implementation on
October 23, 2020 to all banks that have submitted their sign-off forms. Names of banks that have submitted will be published in separate e-mail Advisory. This means that only banks that have undergone UAT and submitted the Sign-off Forms shall be allowed access to the MAW system.
3. As a matter of procedure, MAW will include passing of an electronic charge slip to effect the adjustment intended to settle the clearing discrepancy of the previous clearing day. A participating bank can only settle via MAW if its counter party is also a MAW participant, to wit;
While acceptance of the electronic charge slip to settle the discrepancy is mandatory and
requires no confirmation from the accepting party, receiving banks should have the ability
to reject if the MAW transaction received bears erroneous or inaccurate detail/s.
For every MAW transaction, PCHC shall charge the erring bank (original presenting bank of
the clearing item with discrepancy), the amount of ₱200.00. per transaction. Such charge
shall be included in the usual monthly billing (Adjustment Charges).
4. Participants in the Morning Adjustment Window must strictly observe the rules set forth in the
MAW Governing Terms of Usage (Attachment A).
5. Clearing participants wishing to join at a later time, may request availability of the UAT
environment for testing and subsequent submission of Sign-off and Admin Request Form.
6. A step-by-step guide can be found in the MAWS Operating Guidelines which is likewise enclosed (Attachment B) for reference.