Updated: Dec 11, 2020
February 11, 2019
T O : All Participant Banks/Institutions
R E : CHANGES IN THE CHECK DESIGN STANDARD AND SPECIFICATIONS
1. Based on results of the survey on participant banks’ readiness, please be informed that the PCHC Board in its meeting of February 7, 2019, has set May 2, 2022 as the implementation date of approved changes to the Check Design Standards and Specifications (CDSS).
2. This means that starting May 2, 2022, PCHC will no longer accept old format Checks in its
clearing operations. Except for post-dated Checks (PDC’s) that were accepted stamped ‘ Warehoused’ by banks prior to January 2, 2022, PCHC will only accept and process Checks that comply with the new CDSS.
3. As stated in Memo Circular No. 3494 dated December 4, 2018, the approved changes aims to guide Issuers/Drawers of Checks to observe a standard way of writing dates and along with other changes that will enable banks to automate signature verification/optical character recognition on date/amount information on the face of the check. Approved changes include:
3.1. Month-Day-Year as standard format for date;
3.2. Date format guide as indicated below the date line (MM-DD-YYYY)
3.3. Individual box provided for each character of the Date
3.4. Moving the Peso sign out of the amount box (Amount in Figures)
3.5. Boxing the Signature/s Line/Space
(See attached illustration in Annex A)
4. The layout of the above changes with precise dimension will be incorporated in the CDSS Manual and will be sent to all designated Liaison/Clearing Officers of Banks and will be available upon request to all accredited security printers.
5. To start floatation, we encourage participant banks particularly those whose base stock will be consumed this year to print check books with the new check design standard and specs.
6. We count on the cooperation of all our members/participant banks.