February 18, 2021
T O : All Clearing Banks / Institutions
R E : MANDATORY IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WORK TYPE 8 (WT8) IN CICS
1. In connection with Memo Circular No. 3615 dated August 7, 2020 announcing the subject, we are pleased to
inform that almost all CICS participants have expressed readiness to handle the additional value “8” in the Work
Type field inside the Image Cash Letter (ICL) file by first quarter of 2021 based on the result of the survey
conducted last November 2020.
2. PCHC is now ready to deploy the necessary system updates in production to activate the new WT8 features before
rollout date which was set to March 26, 2021. With the activation of this additional functionality both the sender
and the drawee banks may begin to identify clearing transactions sent via the mobile check clearing facilities.
3. It may be recalled that PCHC has introduced this new work type for banks offering mobile deposit facility (MDF) to
mandatorily put a value ‘8’ in the Work Type Field before generating the ICL file. By doing so, PCHC and the
Receiving Banks will have the means to identify outward transactions of presenting banks sent via MDF so that
Receiving Banks can do further validation/comparison if such checks were already negotiated/paid.
4. For the remaining participants that are not yet ready, the CICS UAT environment shall continue to be made
available to perform additional test activities so as to confirm readiness before implementation date.
5. For further inquiries, participants may contact and coordinate with any of the following PCHC officers, to wit:
Name Email Contact Number
Ruben Conseja email@example.com 8537-2711
Royette Delos Reyes firstname.lastname@example.org 8537-2707
Maxi Torrecampo email@example.com 8537-2708
6. We count on your full compliance/cooperation.