CICS MC 3615
Updated: Dec 18, 2020
August 7, 2020
TO : All Clearing Banks/Institutions
RE : MANDATORY IMPLEMENTATION OF WORK TYPE 8 FOR BANKS OFFERING MOBILE DEPOSIT CAPTURE
1. The recent implementation of check deposit through digital mobile capture (Mobile Deposit Facility or MDF) by some banks has posed risk of multiple presentments of a Check. In fact, there were already several attempts which fortunately were caught/returned by drawee banks to sending banks.
2. In order to prevent perpetrators from gaining grounds, there is a need to institute additional controls aside from those already published measures. One that PCHC embarks is the creation of a new Work Type that would enable banks providing MDF, to put a value 8 in the Work Type Field before generating the ICL File.
3. The new Work Type 8 (WT8) will be mandatorily required for banks offering MDF so that items presented through it are easily identified by PCHC and all participating banks/institutions.
4. WT8 will likewise enable the receiving banks to identify transactions presented via MDF automatically by validating the value of the Work Type field in the inward ICLs received or by manually comparing the report that will be generated by PCHC after clearing cut-off.
5. For detailed information of this new feature, attached is the Work Type 8 Operating Guidelines for MDF.
6. For banks interested to explore the WT8, contact and coordination may be made with any of the following PCHC officers, to wit:
NAME EMAIL CONTACT NUMBER
Royette Delos Reyes email@example.com 8537-2707
Maxi Torrecampo firstname.lastname@example.org 8537-2708
7. Implementation of WT8 shall be deployed in the UAT environment on August 12, 2020 so that banks offering MDF can prepare their system and tag mobile transactions accordingly. At the same time, all participant banks are expected to determine the impact of this new WT8 in their respective front-end system to avoid complications once it is implemented in production.
8. Schedule of the UAT will be announced in a separate memo.
9. For your information and guidance.