Updated: Jan 5, 2021
17 March 2020
TO : All Clearing Banks/Institutions
RE : EXTENSION OF MARCH 17, 2020 CHECK CLEARING OPERATIONS
1. Due to the closure of the Philippine Financial Markets today, March 17, 2020, arising from the implementation of
the Luzon wide ‘Enhanced Community Quarantine’, please be informed that PCHC Check Clearing Results today
shall be value dated tomorrow March 18, 2020.
2. Kindly make necessary advisory to your respective clients.
3. In connection with the foregoing situation, today’s business date in CICS shall be declared a holiday and as such, all
transactions sent by the banks today will be included in the next day’s settlement, i.e. March 18, 2020.
4. Banks should expect two (2) sets of clearing reports and files, i.e. one for March 17, 2020 and another for March 18,
5. MTF and Clearing Reports for March 17, 2020 shall be made available earlier before the 1:30 PM cut-off tomorrow.
6. There will be NO AM Returns processing on March 18, 2020.
7. Returnable items processed on March 17, 2020 must be returned only via CICS after the 1:30 PM cut-off on March
18, 2020 to ensure that returned items will be included in the AM Returns Clearing on March 19, 2020.
8. Expect two (2) sets of AM Clearing Reports and Files on March 19, 2020.
9. Please be guided accordingly.