CICS MC 3593
Updated: Jan 5
04 February 2020
TO : All Clearing Banks/Institutions
R E : MORNING ADJUSTMENT WINDOW (MAW) FOR THE SETTLEMENT OF DISCREPANCY DUE TO MISENCODED
AMOUNT ON CHECKS SENT THE PREVIOUS CLEARING DAY
1. We are pleased to announce that PCHC has completed its development of the Morning Adjustment Window
(MAW) system that would enable banks to correct and settle discrepancies due to misencoding of amount on
Checks sent the previous clearing day.
2. The MAW system which is web based application will operate outside the Check Image Clearing System (CICS) and
shall generate net results that will be consolidated with the Clearing Summary Report (CSR) of the AM Returns
submitted to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) after the 8:00 AM cut-off time.
3. The application is now open for inspection by CICS participant banks/institutions via UAT exercise that will
commence on February 17, 2020.
4. A general briefing will be conducted for all Clearing Officers on February 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM, Makati Sports Club
(Dasmarinas Room) to explain and answer questions on the mechanics of the UAT. Clearing Officers may send
individual names or designated representative to Ms. Monet Paguirigan at email@example.com on or
before February 11, 2020.
5. In the meantime, attached are the UAT Test Mechanics, Test Scripts and UAT Sign off form for advance reference.
Clarifications may be made by sending email queries to Help Desk at PHILCLEAR@pchc.com.ph.
6. For information and guidance.